Hormones & Mental Health
When it comes to mental health, most people think of neurotransmitters. But did you know that the endocrine system and hormones may have significant impact on regulating mood and mental health symptoms? Thyroid, cortisol, melatonin, estrogen, testosterone – they all impact your mood and how you respond to the stressors of life.
How do hormones impact mental health and focus?
- They regulate metabolism, appetite, and energy
- They dictate sleep and wake cycles (circadian rhythm)
- They impact mood if they are too high or too low
- When hormones are optimal, it improves outcomes of other treatment methods
How do I know if my hormones are out of balance?
- Symptom presentation coupled with blood or saliva tests
How do you balance hormones?
There are several approaches that can be used to balance hormones, including:
- Diet and lifestyle approaches coupled with homeopathic medicine
- Herbal medicines
- Hormone replacement
What hormones/endocrine organs are most related to mental health?
All of them! But most commonly thyroid and adrenal glands.
*Results of services will vary from person to person.
Call to find out how the doctors at Resilience Naturopathic can help your child recover from PANS/PANDAS, and help you get back to raising the family you love!